JEE (Joint Entrance Examination) is an all India common Engineering Entrance Examination, which is conducted for admission in different Engineering Colleges in India. Scoring well in JEE Main is required for admission to B.tech/B.Arch courses in National Institutes of Technology (NITs), Indian Institutes of Information Technology (IIITs) and Centrally Funded Technical Institutes (CFTIs). JEE Main is also an eligibility test for the JEE Advance, which is required for admission to IITs. JEE Main is conducted by CBSE, which includes both offline mode and online mode.
You must be planning to apply for BITS Admission Test (BITSAT) – 2017
Here are the most important JEE Main tips that will help you preparing the best for it:
- Firstly, refer to the complete syllabus for JEE Main to begin your preparation accordingly.
- List out Branch wise CUT OFF and plan according to it.
- Start the topics that you are comfortable with, so that you can quickly answer the questions from these topics during the exam.
- Try to memorize the formulas you study. Remember formulas help you solve the problems quickly and speed of solving problem plays important role in JEE Main.
- As you complete few topics start revising it, so that you would not forget them and at the same time you can start few new topics.
- The most important thing is time management. Only those who are able to solve questions accurately and quickly are the ones who can crack JEE Main.
JEE Main Syllabus will be composed of paper 1 and paper 2. Paper 1 is for B.Tech program and paper 2 is for B.Arch (architecture). The paper 1 syllabus includes Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. And the paper 2 syllabus includes Mathematics, Aptitude test and Drawing test.
- Aspirants preparing for B.Tech programs have to focus on Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry as all the three subjects carry equal weightage.
- Plan a study routine in advance, give allotted time for each subject, so that you can cover all the three subjects. Try not to jumble between subjects which may create confusion. Concentrate on a single subject at a particular time.
- Download sample questions from web and solve it, which gives an idea about topics and skills required.
- While practicing apply conventional methods, later start applying short cuts to improve your speed.
- Practice regularly, and check every time to observe whether you have increased your speed of problem solving or not.
- Make a habit of noting down important points and formulas, which would help you while revising instead searching whole book again.
- Solve and practice mock test series. more you practice, more you get to know where you are lacking behind, and what will help you to increase your score.
We are sure that you would follow our tips and definitely crack the JEE Mains. During counseling don’t go for the conventional branches if you are not very much passionate about that particular branch. Go for Rare Engineering Branches. You will find more scope and less competition in future with these rare branches.
- Prefer studying NCERT books which cover almost every topics for JEE Main.
- Referring more books may led to confusion, so it is advised to study one or two books for theory and you may refer multiple books for practicing numerical if time permits.
- Begin with theory and later go to numerical, without covering theory, attempting numerical is wastage of time.
- Give morning hours to tough topics and evening hours to the once that are more competitive.
- Afternoon time is lazy so try attempting numerical during that time, thus you can best utilize the lazy hours.
- Do not derive the solution, rather learn the formulas which can eliminate few steps. Thus, you can save some time.
You might love to know Top 15 Reputed Private Technical Universities in India
- Mathematics needs a lot of practice. You should have all the formulas at your finger tips. You should use your brain to solve the tricky Mathematics problems rather than trying to recall the formulas and following the trivial method of solving.
- Set a time for each question, spend only one minute per question in the beginning, not to waste much time on questions at the beginning.
- You should not spend too much time for a single question at the later stage also. Leave the question if it is taking more than 3 minutes to be solved.
- There will be negative marks in JEE main where 1 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer or multi responses. Each correct response would be given 4 marks, hence do not answer without being confident about it.
- Discuss your doubts with your friends if possible. If you can manage then go for group studies. It actually helps understanding the concepts quickly.
- Most importantly, don’t study for whole day. During evening time find 1 hour for yourself and play some games to relax your mind.
All the best for the upcoming JEE Main.