Kshitij ’17, the annual techno-management festival organized by IIT Kharagpur, will be held on 27th to 29th January, 2017. Kshitij, acclaimed as Asia’s largest techno-management festival, is definitely going to be a real technical extravaganza this time.
Let’s read what Kshitij tells about itself:
Kshitij had started in the year 2004, in the sprawling campus of IIT Kharagpur, with an aim to motivate and encourage the technically inclined young minds to pursue their passion. Since then, Kshitij has grown exponentially to become Asia’s largest techno-management fest. With the participation of over 70,000 students from over 1400 colleges of India and abroad, Kshitij has been successful in setting up new milestones for the years ahead. Kshitij provides a platform for students to be motivated by eminent personalities from across the globe, to take part in workshops by technical giants, to take up the initiative to resolve pertinent social issues and to witness advancements in technology and business.
This time Kshitij has come up with the initiative Prakriti, Municipal Solid Waste Management.
Every year Kshitij invites many eminent personalities to spread their knowledge and to ignite the students in the right path. This year the list has grown up as below:
- Dr. Rajagopala Chidambaram, the Principal Scientific Adviser to the Government of India and Chairman of the Scientific Advisory Committee.
- Dr. K. Radhakrishnan, the chairman of Indian Institutes of Engineering Science and Technology (IIEST) and Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (IISST).
- Brigadier Stephen Tetlow, Chief Executive Officer of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE).
- Prof. Ada Yonath, director of the Helen and Milton A. Kimmelman Center for Biomolecular Structure and Assembly of the Weizmann Institute of Science. She was lauded with the prestigious Nobel prize in chemistry in year 2009 for her pioneering work on the structure and functioning of ribosome.
- Air Chief Marshal Arup Raha, highest position at Indian Air Force as Chief of Air Staff, a post occupied by India’s senior-most military officer.
- Peter Zoller, was awarded the prestigious Wolf Prize for his pioneering research on quantum computing and quantum communication and for bridging quantum optics and solid state physics.
Following are the different categories of events going to be organized during Kshitij’17.
- Code Conclave
- ndustrial Architecture
All these categories of events have loads of competitions under them. Click here to go to the events page and to explore the detailed rules and prize amount for all the competitions.
Other than the events Kshitij’17 is ready with several Exhibitions and Workshops to broaden your technical knowledge. Kshtij’17 is not only loaded with the technical stuffs, but definitely it is going to entertain you by its Megashows.
Check out the Kshitij 2016 Documentary!